Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm an addict!

I have been spending a good portion of the few moments I get alone (when my darling daughter is napping during the day)  surfing the net, jumping from one teacher blog to another. My obsession with Teacher Blogs has led me to start a blog of my own to chronicle my experiences as a new teacher.

I am fascinated by the sense of community in these blogs that I stalk. They offer freebies of the lessons and ideas they have passionately created. It is amazing! It makes me even more excited to be working in a field that not only makes a difference in the lives of children, but to be working side by side with people who are so caring. Ah! The decision to ditch the HR career and go back to school to be a teacher is never a decision I will regret... even if there seems to always be "Budgetary Woes".

I am so excited for the school year to begin. I will be working in a school that is considered to be a technology magnet school. I will be teaching .25 gifted and .75 regular education for 2nd/3rd grade. I'm not entirely sure what that will look like, but I day dream about it often. I do love being home with my daughter, but it will be exciting to put all of my education to use. (My job for this coming fall is of course all pending HR for the district finally calling me to formally make me the offer.... yadda... yadda... yadda... bureaucratic hoops)

Stay tuned as I figure out my classroom arrangement, classroom management, and get in gear for the school year.

Christy

1 comments:

Marissa Tompkins said...

Welcome to blogging!! I'm with you, I'm ADDICTED but I LOVE it!

WILD About First Grade!

Post a Comment