Tuesday, July 19, 2011

At long last... I got the call!

After much waiting around by the phone, I got the call that I have been waiting for! HR called me today to offer me a great position. I will be working at a Technology magnet school in the 2nd/3rd grade pod. I will be teaching 75% regular ed and 25% gifted. I am not gifted endorsed yet, but I will only need to pass a 120 multiple choice exam in order to get that endorsement.

SO much to accomplish before my first day to report... August 12th will be here before I know it. But so many questions still loom in my head. Like: When can I get into my classroom? When will I get my class list? When can I get my grubby little hands on the curriculum? When will I get my laptop? ahhhhh!

I think now is the time to stop researching all of the great ideas on the web and actually start creating the stuff I will need for my classroom using all of the fabulous ideas I have researched. I've heard that it is perfectly acceptable to "Beg, Borrow, and Steal" as a teacher so that is what I am going to do! Thanks to all of you and your great ideas that I will be stealing! I hope that as I progress, I can post ideas that others can steal from me too!

2 comments:

Keri Kelly said...

Congratulations! It's so exciting to be starting up (and a little overwhelming). There are so many great ideas on the web and in blogs. I live in Canada, but visit Target at this time of the year for great teacher finds (which you probably already know but I thought I'd pass along)...

Keri
http://teachplaysmile.blogspot.com/

Pamela said...

Congrats!! Doesn't it feel great to get THE CALL!!? I know because after 4 years of non contract positions and contemplating a new career I finally got THE CALL 3 years ago :-) You'll be great.

Mrscelis.blogspot.com
- Pamela

Post a Comment